Monday, June 29, 2009

Extended Family Worries

My Uncle Johnnie and his wife Frances went up to Michigan this past week for his 45th High School Reunion. Well on Saturday his legs gave out on him. He was rushed to the hospital and they discovered he had a brain bleed. They transferred him to a bigger hospital in Saginaw and did surgery on him. He's sedated and on a ventilator and will be in ICU for a month. Then in the hospital for another month after that. I figure it'll be rehab since that is what happened with my Mom when she had a blood clot removed. I'm not sure though. It's bugging me to no end that they're so far from home. We're all in Texas except for one Uncle and he's in Arkansas so that's not too far either if something happened to him. Uncle Johnnie and Aunt Frances were always one of the first to get up here when my folks were in and out of the hospital over the last few years for all kinds of stuff. If they weren't here right away they'd always call and then come a few days later. I know if they were at home my Aunt wouldn't be all by herself either. Neither of their children are going up. That very well could be because my Aunt told them not to come yet or they're not able to yet. I'm pretty sure my Aunt told them not to come yet. My cousins husband is an ASS. He told my Uncle Freddie that if he wanted to know something not to call my Aunt Frances but to call him. This cousins husband likes to play that he's in charge. Fool that he is he's not. He better not tell me or my Mom to call him instead of Aunt Frances. I know she didn't tell him to tell the family that crap. Anyway, rambling like normal. I just need to be able to give my Aunt a hug. We're going to try to get a donation in her name for the place she's staying. They ask for a $20 donation a day to stay there. Some donation. If its a have to pay its not a donation. Anyway, I'm outta here!

2 comments:

  1. Your family has my prayers Karen. It's horrible to have something like this happen but to be so far from home has to make it even harder and worse. Try to hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Lori. I just can't wait to see them both back home. I hope its sooner than they think too.

    ReplyDelete