Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Party

I took my Mom up to the VA last Wednesday (12/15) for the Christmas party for the residents where my Dad is living. He was so very uncomfortable. I know my Mom doesn't think we'll have him much longer but I already told her I don't want to go next year. Dad just wanted to be in his room. He's always been a loner and while I know it wouldn't be good for him to be alone a lot they do have him in activities where he's not alone. I know I'm not making sense. I just can't get into words how difficult the party was for him. They only allowed 2 people to come to the party and Dad kept asking about everyone. It was just too many people and too noisy for him. I'd rather he not know me than be so ill at ease and saying help every 5 minutes like he did before we finally left.


1 comment:

  1. aww :( poor dad! sorry he was so uncomfortable. I see my dad being that way when he gets older - his side of the family tends to be anti-social (and I was lucky enough to inherit that one). next time just have a personal party with the lot of you.

    ReplyDelete