Friday, April 11, 2014

R.I.P. Patrick

After 14 years of on and off illness my brother Patrick on April 4, 2014 at 1:02 p.m. slipped the surly bonds of earth to pass into heaven.  I know he had a wonderful greeting.  I can hear my Daddy hollering "What took ya so long son?"  "Time to get fishin' now that you finally made it here."  My Aunt Tricia would be asking if he wanted coffee and Grandma Ruby would be telling him lets go to Walmart.  Granny and Granddaddy Phillips would have him over to drink Dr. Peppers with him and Aunt Shirley would be asking if he saw all the beautiful blluebonnets blooming on his way up.  Grandpa Ivy would be setting up the dominoes for a moon tournament.  Horseshoes would be played in the cool of the evening and Patrick will be in his glory and not be hurting anymore.

Thank you God for your tender mercies and for your glorious heaven.  I look forward to the best family reunion when I finally get there with them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment