Sunday, January 30, 2011

Goodbye Girl

I've been putting off writing this post. Last Tuesday (25th) we took our sweet Perdy (Perdita Marie) to be put down. She was the most wonderful dog in the world. We got her from a farmer 12 years ago when she was only a couple of months old. She was half black lab and half blue heeler. It wasn't until she started graying that you could see the blue heeler spots on her at all. She loved water of course and never wanted to be anywhere but her backyard. She only barked when someone or something came into our front yard. My kids can't remember a time without her and I don't look forward to a time without her either. She's spoilt us to having another dog. I'm sure we'll get one eventually and we do still have our Ginny who's 6 but she's nothing like our Perdy of course. Ginny is a little dog. She's half chihuahua and half Carolina dingo. She's a great dog too don't get me wrong but I always felt safe knowing that if Perdy barked I could check outside if needed. It got to the point that I could tell her different barks apart too. No need to check if it was just a cat bark but when she would let loose with a long string of barks I would know that someone was going to be knocking on the door in a minute. I'm going to miss those warning barks. I'm going to miss that dog so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment