Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hello....

I'm alive. I haven't had anything to post about lately. I wasn't able to go see my Dad this past couple of weekends because of being sick. I caught some crud from my niece. See if I take her to the ER again. It wasn't quite the flu but really close and it knocked me for a loop. I have a leftover cough and just enough congestion to bother me. My Mom and them got to go this past Sunday and see Dad. She said he was in a good mood and quite talkative. Hopefully when I get to go and see him next he'll be in a good mood then too. We've been doing pretty good. Chris has become a single line driver now and is home every other day for about 15 hours or so. It's a weird schedule but at least it'll pay the bills. Well, I think it will. We'll find out soon enough. I know it'll pay the bills better than just working the extra board will. He told his partner that he wanted to stay single line and he was okay about it. They'll probably keep pulling the ex partner into the office anyway so its better for us that Chris gets this dedicated run while he can. He's pretty far up on the seniority list so he can get an even better run in a few months hopefully. One that he'll have a couple of days off in a row. Right now he leaves out on Sunday night at 9 p.m., comes home on Tuesday morning around 5 a.m., leaves Tuesday at 9, comes home on Thursday morning around 5 again, goes out Thursday at 9 again and comes in on Saturday morning around 5 and then doesn't go back til Sunday evening at 9. Weird schedule but it works and we're actually seeing more of him than we're used to. I can't seem to get anything accomplished with this schedule and I'm doing a lot more laundry for him than before. LOL. Also, doing a lot more cooking too. That's not a bad thing but I'm used to having sandwiches or TV dinners most of the week. Anyway, that's what's been going on down here deep in the heart.

1 comment:

  1. well I am glad you are still alive :) but I knew that already ;)
    glad you get more time with hubby, tho I know what a mixed blessing that can be ... always messin with our schedules, aren't they?
    hope you get to see dad soon ♥

    ReplyDelete