Sunday, July 31, 2011

Unreal!

My sister Cheryl has been having female troubles for a few months. It started back around the beginning of the year. Then right before Easter she had a strep infection in her blood and had to have surgery on an abscess caused by it and was in the hospital for a couple of days. In the last few weeks she's had several ultra sounds internal and external and a biopsy from her cervix too. Her last 2 ultra sounds were done on Friday the 29th. Her 42nd birthday no less. She found out that she has polyps on her gall bladder. She'll have to have surgery to remove it but she hasn't found out if its cancer or not. From what we both have read gall bladder polyps are rare. They're not neccessarily cancer but with all the problems she's been having and the way her body has been acting since early in the year she thinks it probably is. Also, she's a lot more clumsy, can't sleep on her tummy anymore and is nauseous too. We'll find out on August 8th. She's scheduled to see both her ob/gyn doctor and a surgeon. I don't want to lose her. She's the person that holds our family together usually. It'll be weird if she's so sick because she's the caretaker usually. I was 8 when Cheryl was born. I was so happy to have a sister! I couldn't believe it. I still remember that we had pancakes with blueberry syrup for breakfast the morning she was born. The only bad thing was that my Mom went into labor at 2 a.m. and we had to be woke up to go across the street to the neighbor's house to stay while waiting for her to get here. My Mom barely made it to the hospital. Cheryl was born at 2:30 a.m. and the hospital didn't charge my Mom for the labor room. I'm rambling so I'll close this for now. I'm at the point of worry for the worst and hope for the best and we'll have something to laugh about later on when she gets the all clear.

2 comments:

  1. oh no! hoping the surgery goes smoothly and that all works out. keeping her in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete