Monday, August 16, 2010

Wow! (Edit)

Just found out that our niece Emma (4 on Sept. 12th) has been diagnosed with Type 1 Juvenile Diabetes. Shock, dismay and a lot of OMG's muttered over the phone to my sister in law Mellodie. She's in the ICU in Shreveport right now for a couple of days at least. I'm so worried for everybody. Mellodie is upset cause she can't be there at night with Emma cause of the baby. My brother in law Alan will be up there with her at night but still if you know how it is to be a Mom you want to be there 24/7. Mellodie said that is what her brother has but he didn't find out until he was 24. That was way after Mellodie was married and gone so she doesn't know anything first hand about it but I'm sure she'll know everything she can as fast as she can too. I wish I could be there for them but its just no way. School starts Monday and we're broke from buying school supplies and clothes. I'm going to research and see what I can find out about it all too. I'm diabetic but its Type 2 and they're different from each other. Emma's always been really healthy so its just so shocking to find this out. I'm sure she'll be fine and healthy again just dealing with diabetes for the long run.

EMMA IS GOING HOME TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear Karen, i'm so sorry to hear this. Please know that my heart and prayers are with little Emma, you and your sister's family. Mush love and prayers,Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Ruth. The prayers were and are very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete