Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!


Here's to my Dad who served in the Navy in peacetime. He was too young to serve in World War 2 and Korea but too old and had too many kids to support to serve in Vietnam. In the picture above he's with his best friend Freddy Martin. They served in Hawaii in about 1958 or 1959. Some tour of duty huh? Here's to my Uncle J. C. (my Aunt Bobbie's husband) who was in the Coast Guard in peacetime at the same time my Daddy was. Also, here's to my Mom's younger brothers Johnnie and Robert who both served in Vietnam. Johnnie was in the Marine's and Robert in the Army. Here's to my Dad's Uncle Coot who was a prisoner of war of the Japanese in World War 2. Here's to my cousin Stacy and her husband Nick who both were National Guard and served in Iraq. Without any of them serving their country I wouldn't have a my country. Thank you Daddy and thank you to all the members of the United States Armed Forces in war and peacetime who've made this holiday a very personal holiday for all Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment