Friday, May 22, 2009

First Line Friday


Thanks Kathy. :) You can find Kathy at http://bagsbooksandbonjovi.blogspot.com/.
FIRST LINE FRIDAY...First lines have always intrigued me since I heard an author say that writing the first sentence is, by far, the most difficult part of writing a novel. The reasoning was that a first sentence can make the reader continue reading or cause the book to be tossed aside.So, go to your To Be Read Pile, choose as many books as you want and share the first line. Be sure to include the title and author so that if your reader also finds it intriguing, they can find the book.Also, share your thoughts about the first line. Does it draw you in? Is it...exciting...thought provoking...scary...funny?
I'm really excited to read a series of books by Diane Chamberlain. My friend Lori, who can be found here
http://lori-thequeensnewthrone.blogspot.com/ found her books and highly recommended them. I started reading her work and she's a very talented author. Anyway the series of books are Keeper of the Light, Kiss River and Her Mother's Shadow. I love when books span generations and I'm very into family sagas right now.
The book I've chosen from this series is Kiss River. I can't start it yet because I'm waiting to receive Keeper of the Light. I was able to find it at www.paperbackswap.com. I was desperate to read it but since its out of print that wasn't possible. My library didn't even have a copy. Well anyway, here's the first line from Kiss River by Diane Chamberlain.
The air conditioning in her aging car was giving out, blowing warm, breat-sealng air into Gina's face.
LOL, she's in the south it sounds like. Very hot and muggy and sounds like she's got a long trip ahead of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment