Monday, April 25, 2011

Nice Easter Weekend

Our weekend started off nicely. We (Mom, Cheryl, Amanda and my kids) went and saw Dad on Friday morning. We got to stay about a couple of hours. He was in bed though because he was in some pain that morning. He chatted quite a bit with everybody. Jessie was a little upset that he didn't remember her that morning but I explained to her that at least he knew she belonged to him somehow and that the next time she gets to go he might know her. After that it was time to pick up Chris. We got him and went to Denny's for lunch but I think we all got breakfast except for him and Nicky. Nicky invented a new drink. Tabascoke. Yeah, it is what it sounds like. Tabasco and coke mixed together. I swear my son is going to turn into a spicy spice before he's 18. We went to Home Depot and picked up a new thermostat. Chris is frustrated with it because its programmable and he doesn't want to take the time to follow the directions to set it. I'll get it done sometime while he's back at work this week hopefully. If not, we'll just have to go and get a simpler one. LOL. Brought everybody home and nothing much for Friday. Saturday morning got up and Cheryl and I went to the store before it got really bad. Came back and went down later that evening for a dinner of chili dogs and chips and dying Easter eggs. Sunday came and I went over to Mom's house around 10 that morning to help get dinner ready. We had too much of everything but it was so good. Ham, corn casserole, potato salad, deviled eggs, cabbage, salad, rolls and tomato, cucumber and onion salad. Desserts were earthquake cake and banana pudding. I think Cheryl was hungry when we bought groceries. LOL. I'm glad we only eat like this on special occasions and that those are far and few between. We had a little Easter egg hunt for Wyatt. He's one and the only grandchild small enough to really hunt. My two hunted but the eggs really weren't hidden for them. One reason is there's no hiding places where we live really. It's all flat grassland since our area was once a hayfield. We went home after that. Its so nice to only have 3 blocks to go home instead of 30 miles or more. We're back to work and school today. Not me of course but still I have to get up at 5 a.m. with the kids everyday so I think I'm looking as forward to summer vacation as they are. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment