Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding Watcher

Yes I am! I watched 30 years ago when shy little Di married her (so she thought) Prince Charming so there was no way I was going to miss Prince William marry his waity Katie. Yes, they've been together 9 years and lived together a long time already but a wedding should always be a joyous occasion. With the terrible tornadoes that went through the South this past week it was nice to have something wonderful to celebrate. While I think we should have more coverage about what is going on in Tuscaloosa the wedding was shown here starting at about 4 a.m. I don't think any breaking news about the storms that happened were being updated at that time anyway. On to the wedding.....I loved her dress. It was simple and I think it was very close to Grace Kelly's from when she married into Monaco royalty. I loved that she wore her hair down and then hearing that the Queen loaned her the tiara that her Mother gave her at age 18 was so sweet. I'm glad to see that there is some tradition still left in the world. I think this marriage actually might have a chance to make it. I hope it will. We need some happiness in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment