Saturday, April 30, 2011

I'm Excited!

Not about anything important but it was exciting to me. LOL. We made a library run today to our little 2 story library. It was me, my sister Cheryl, niece Amanda and my daughter Jessie. Girls fun day sort of. They finished the renovations on our little library. It's still just 2 stories but they've rearranged the areas and added a little coffee nook and separated the teen books from the children's books and now my kids don't feel like they're in an area just for the little kids. Jessie got 3 books and we chose 2 books for Nicky. I can't remember what they are right now but Nicky did tell me one of the ones I got for him was the second in the series. Unfortunately, he's like me and hates to read a series out of order. I told him maybe next time he'll just go with us then. I got three for me. The first one is Under the Dome by Stephen King. I've been wanting to read this one since it came out but it was never in when I was there. Its a huge thick book so I hope I'll be able to hold it okay. My luck will be my carpal tunnel will be acting up. Hopefully not. The second book is The Face by Dean Koontz and the third is We Ain't the Brontes by Rosalyn McMillan. I've never read anything by her but the book flap sounded really good. Its about two sisters who are both authors but one is a Sci-Fi author and at the top of her game and the other can't get her contract renewed and is jealous. Good ol' sibling rivalry at its best. There's more to it than just that so it should be an interesting read. I'm hoping that we'll get my Mom to go with us next Saturday. They've put in a lot of seating areas and since she uses a cane and can't stand for very long it will be a great help to her. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe I should cross my eyes too. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment