Monday, April 6, 2009

First Line Friday




on Monday. I'm following my friend Kathy and trying my hand at this so here go the rules. (Swiped from Kathy's blog)

FIRST LINE FRIDAY...First lines have always intrigued me since I heard an author say that writing the first sentence is, by far, the most difficult part of writing a novel. The reasoning was that a first sentence can make the reader continue reading or cause the book to be tossed aside.So, go to your To Be Read Pile, choose as many books as you want and share the first line. Be sure to include the title and author so that if your reader also finds it intriguing, they can find the book.Also, share your thoughts about the first line. Does it draw you in? Is it...exciting...thought provoking...scary...funny?

The last thing I wanted to do on my summer break was blow up another school.
~ The Battle of the Labyrinth Book 4 (Percy and the Olympians) by Rick Riordan

I love these tween aged books. My son read the first 3 really quick and then we found out that a 4th book was coming out and have been waiting two months to get it. He read it in two days and informed me that there'll be a 5th book also. Nows my chance to get it read finally. If its anything like the other 3 it'll be a fun ride of a read too.







3 comments:

  1. Great first line!

    J has read those books, too, but I think he's only read the first three. I'll have to tell him that there are two more :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry has read them too and I think he's caught up. I'll have to look up #5 and write it down so I remember to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying the 4th book. I'm about half way through and I still haven't figured out what is going to happen with the story yet. Very entertaining. Nicky started the series over again now and has already asked me for the 4th book back. LOL.

    ReplyDelete