Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Worried - Edited

My niece is 23. She's living a town over from me with a boyfriend. She's been living with so many people in the past year. She went from my Mom's house, to a good friends house and then this boyfriends place. Before she was at my Mom's house she was in a relationship with a 38 year old man and was basically a stay at home girlfriend. I think that's what she thought she'd have at this boyfriends house but he's telling her she has to work.

She emailed me on Monday saying she had a warrant and could I drive her to Waco if I go there this week. I checked the warrant list and she's not on there. I emailed her back, giving her the link, and told her she wasn't on it. Told her to call and check on it because maybe she got lucky and it got dismissed.

The ticket was for selling cigarettes to a minor. She's always worked at convenience stores and this is her first mess up ever. She said the undercover cop was a lady and that she kept distracting her during the sale but still she sold to a minor and has to pay the consequences of not following through on all the steps. She said she did ask him for his ID but then the lady kept butting in. Maybe the judge decided it was entrapment from seeing the video on it. Who knows? She won't know if she doesn't call and find out about it. So anyway, never heard back from her on that. Next email says I've been looking for a job and can't find one anywhere. Next email is can you send me a recipe for aunt Cheryl's cornbread casserole. So I sent that and some recipe links. Next email, can I come stay with you til Friday. I'm arguing too much with CJ (boyfriend). I'm moving in with Sherri when she gets back in town on Friday. My reply. I can't afford to come and get you. Can you get here? Are you sure you'll be able to leave on Friday because its not a big enough house to have two extra? It's not that I don't want to help you. I just can't afford any extra stuff right now. I hated sending this reply to her but there's no way I can do it. I got such a hinky feeling from her emails. It was like she was trying to feel me up for some money. Maybe not but that's the feeling I got from them. I know they smoke pot where she's living. I definitely can't have that in my home. I have kids. No way will I jeopardize them for her bad habit. My big fear is she would get here and have no where to go and then I'll be stuck with her wanting to find a job here too. We only have a 3 bedroom house so its definitely not big enough for too many extra. The only reason my nephew is here is because my son has a bunk bed in his room.

Edit on my niece. Finally got an email reply that she's staying at boyfriends house. He doesn't want her to go. @@ She's trying to find a job she says so she can get her own place so when he acts this way she can leave. She shouldn't have been there in the first place is my opinion. I sent her the link to the workforce (unemployment) so hopefully she'll go there and get some help to find a job. We'll see.

I just found out what Chris's paycheck is and I can't afford all the bills this week much less food. I get to finagle bills. Oh joy! We were having such a good financial year til the end of March when Chris's driving partner got sick. I hate this crap!

2 comments:

  1. Geez, what a mess. I hope she gets it together, gets a job and gets away from that guy.
    I totally know how you feel about the finances! This past pay period has been THE WORST for us. But I just got paid again and got more than I expected...what a HUGE relief!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cyndy. The thing with my niece is I never think she'll be without some guy telling her what's what. She's got the mentality that she has to have a boyfriend. It ties into her self worth and it drives me crazy that she thinks this way. The paycheck thing will get better for us eventually. I just get tired of doing this dance every year. Glad you had a pleasant surprise with your check. :D

    ReplyDelete