Friday, April 17, 2009

First Line Friday


on Friday. Woohoo! I posted it on Friday. I'm following my friend Kathy and trying my hand at this so here go the rules. (Swiped from Kathy's blog)FIRST LINE FRIDAY...First lines have always intrigued me since I heard an author say that writing the first sentence is, by far, the most difficult part of writing a novel. The reasoning was that a first sentence can make the reader continue reading or cause the book to be tossed aside.So, go to your To Be Read Pile, choose as many books as you want and share the first line. Be sure to include the title and author so that if your reader also finds it intriguing, they can find the book.Also, share your thoughts about the first line. Does it draw you in? Is it...exciting...thought provoking...scary...funny?
I finally made it to the library today and picked up a couple of books that I had on hold. The one I'm going to read first is Before the Storm by Diane Chamberlain. She's highly recommended by my friend Lori (The Queen's New Throne). Here's the first line.
Laurel
They took my baby from me when he was only 10 hours old.
Wow! Makes you wonder why? Drugs? Alcohol? Mentally deficient? I can't wait to read and see what's going on with this story.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, Karen!!

    I love that you're doing First Line Friday, too.

    Enjoy your book. I guess I should check out Diane Chamberlain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started it last night Kathy. It's a really good read so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great wedding and I'm glad you guys go out together!!

    I'm really glad you got to the library and got your books. Sounds like a good one. I haven't read that one yet but it's in my pile. I really like her and have enjoyed her books. I hope you do too!!

    ReplyDelete