Monday, June 14, 2010

Meet and Greet Monday



http://southernloves.blogspot.com/




Kathy led me to Meet and Greet Monday. It sounds like a lot of fun. I've never done any blog hopping.

Welcome to my blog. I put my heart on my sleeve here a lot. Hence the title Deep in the Heart. That and the fact that I'm a native Texan made the title seem appropriate. LOL.

My family has had its ups and downs in the last few years with my parents health. My Mom had congestive heart failure and then a blood clot on her brain and finally a stroke that left her with not much use on her right side. She can walk still and use her right hand somewhat and speak clearly so that's a blessing in disguise. In between her bouts in the hospital my Dad would be in for different things too. He has a bad heart and had a stent put in and then also he had a really bad staph infection that had him in the hospital for 20 days. Either one parent or the other would be in the hospital or my brother who has a bad heart would be there. It's been a rough few years and now my Dad has been diagnosed with Dementia and its really hard. Things are going well right now so I'm on edge waiting for the other shoe to drop since its been going well.
I found out that typing out my thoughts and feelings here helps me to not go crazy when things aren't going so well. Also when they are going well its fun to put the great stuff going on too. Anyway, here's my blog. Enjoy the ride!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the bunny hop. Following you now!

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on Meet and Greet Monday. Nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!Im your newest follower, stop on by chickenista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete