Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Weepy

I'm weepy tonight. A good online friend of mine is going through a struggle with her Mother right now that's similar to what we're going through with my Dad. She doesn't have dementia but some other problems that have caused her to just snap at once. We watched my Dad go down hill over the last 3 years and I can't imagine how hard it is to just see it happen almost overnight. I'm just crying over the last email I read from my friend. I don't wish anything like this stuff on anybody much less a good friend. I'm praying for my friend, her Mom and their family. I hope her Mom will be okay and its just a short period that she'll be unwell. I just wish I had words of comfort to send to her.......heck, I just wish I could give her a big hug.



Another thing that has me weepy is that my parents 50th wedding anniversary is on August 10th. We had a huge party for my mother's parents when they celebrated the same anniversary. We should be planning a huge party for my parents. Also my Dad's 72nd birthday is on July 12th. Both of his parents passed away shortly after their 72nd birthdays. His Dad within a month of his and his Mom within a few days of hers. I'm definitely going to be holding my breath for the next month or so. My Dad always says he'll never live longer than his parents did.

1 comment:

  1. (((Karen))) It just seems like there is so many sad things going on right now. I'm so tired of hearing bad news and I just wish all of this would stop. But it also makes you realize that you have to take the time to enjoy the gift of each day. Enjoy the blessings in the little things and cherish the beauty of your family & your life.

    ReplyDelete