Saturday, April 10, 2010

.........sigh............

Took my Mom and sister Cheryl up to see my Dad today. It started out as a good visit but we weren't there very long before he started complaining about his leg hurting him. He kept yelling help really loudly too. We found out they had just given him pain medication right before we got there so we told him that he couldn't have anymore yet and that just frustrated him to no end. We'd talk a few minutes and then he'd start yelling help again. We reminded him off and on throughout the visit but it seems like his short term memory is going too. He got very angry at my Mom and told us to leave and so when we finally said we were going he told us we didn't need too and then turned around and yelled at us to leave. It was all in the same breath too. The nurse said they're going to let his doctor know that he does need some kind of med to calm him down but not that'll make him sleep so much. Hopefully there'll be something that'll work for him. He also kept asking us and the nurses to shoot him. Just shoot me in the head and he kept saying it over and over. I know he doesn't know what he's saying but its still harsh to hear those words come out of his mouth. He looked really gaunt today to me too. You can see the bones in his chest (not his neck or collarbone areas) too. I've never seen my Daddy this skinny.

1 comment:

  1. ((HUGS)) for you Karen. I can only imagine how hard this is for you.

    ReplyDelete